Ahhh… those lazy summer days are over. Days of sunsets on the beach, splashing in the water and sticky popsicle hands are over. Onto early mornings and homework nights if you have a child in school. But, have no fear, our checklist should provide some help in packing that backpack for the next step in your child’s future.
I always loved school shopping, and surprisingly not for the clothes, but for the supplies. I looked forward to picking out that pony trapper keeper (are those still around?) and those fruity smelling pencils. It seemed that being prepared made me feel a lot better about the first day and I somehow thought I would learn more if I had cool supplies.
We have compiled a list of some of our favorite school supplies for your viewing pleasure and in case you need a little help in packing your child’s supplies:
- Pencils (mechanical, No.2 or scratch and sniff) we think they all write the same
- Pencil sharpener
- Colored pencils
- Glue sticks
- Water-based markers
- Calculator (make sure it’s the one required by the class)
- Folders, the ones with pockets
- A ruler
- Scotch tape
- College ruled and wide ruled paper
- Composition notebook
- Small notepad (for those doodling moments, at lunch of course)
- Lunch box
- Backpack (make sure it’s supportive and sturdy)
- Hand sanitizer (if the school allows it)
Happy Back-to-School shopping!